Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FIND FEDERAL STATUTES & REGULATIONS
(1) Connect to LexisNexis Academic and choose the US Legal tab.
(2) Choose Federal Statutes, Codes & Regulations or State Statues, Codes & Regulations.
(3) Type your subject in the search box and choose an option under Select Source(s).
- Annotated U.S. Code (USCS) = a complete set of current U.S. federal laws.
- Constitution of the United States = the complete U.S. federal constitution.
- Public Laws = the text of bills passed by Congress (including old, out-of-date bills).
- Code of Federal Regulations = a complete set of current U.S. federal regulations.
- Federal Register = new and proposed regulations (including old, out-of-date regulations).
(4) Sometime it helps to change Everywhere to At Least 5 Occurrences to improve the relevancy of your results.
(5) Click on the Search button to begin the search.