Use the Shepardize® option in LexisNexis Academic to see if a court ruling is still good legal precedent.
Start by finding a case and viewing the full document. Then follow these steps:
(1) Click on the Next Steps pull-down menu in the upper-right side of the screen.
(2) Select Shepardize® and click on the blue Go button.
(3) Click on the Restrict By pull-down menu and select All Negative.
(4) Scroll down to CITING DECISIONS, looking for the phrases listed below:
(5) To read the relevant section of a citing case, click on the page number for each citation.
(6) Then slowly scroll through the full text to find a highlighted citation to your original case.
|<< PREVIOUS GUIDE||NEXT GUIDE >>|