Are you taking (or teaching) a May Term class?
Take a look at the MAY TERM page for information on library support during this term.
Distance & Online Services for Students
The UHD library offers most services in traditional and alternative ways to meet the needs of students and faculty at distance sites or taking classes online.
- Library homepage: www.uhd.edu/library
- Resources available to view online:
- Request to have print materials sent to one of UHD's distance locations:
- UHD-Northwest students can request materials through the library catalog by selecting the "UH Northwest Lonestar Coll Lib" location.
- Students at other locations, please email the Distance Eduction Librarian for assistance with this service. firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on requesting items through the library catalog visit the Checking Out Materials page.
- Return any UH-system library material to any UH-system library location.
- Need assistance or have questions:
- Ask-a-Librarian. Choose e-mail, chat, text, twitter, phone, or apointment.
- Information desk - 713-221-8187
- Circulation desk - 713-221-8186
- TexShare Card Program
- TexShare Card Program is an initiative that allows UHD students, faculty, and staff to be issued a card they can take to other participating Texas libraries to borrow books and other materials
- Current students, faculty and staff in good standing can get a TexShare card FREE of charge from the W.I. Dykes Library. If you are unable to come to the library to pick it up, your card can be mailed to you if you follow the directions at TexShare Cards.
Search Library FAQ's, including information to help you with research and answers to questions about the library.