Distance & Online Services for Students
The UHD library offers most services in traditional and alternative ways to meet the needs of students and faculty at distance sites or taking classes online.
- Library homepage: www.uhd.edu/library
- Resources available to view online:
- Electronic books. Use the Library Catalog. Under "Location," choose "Limit to UHD," and under "Formats" choose "E-Books."
- Journal articles, magazines, and newspapers. Use the Research Guides by Subject page to select a list of article databases that apply to your topic.
- Audio and Video. There are several databases that allow you to listen to or view materials.
- Information on How to Connect to Databases
- Request to have print materials sent to one of UHD's distance locations:
- UHD-Northwest students can request materials using the library catalog and selecting the "University Park Library (Rm 13.210) @ UHS Northwest" location.
- Students at other locations, please email the Distance Eduction Librarian for assistance with this service. firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on requesting items through the library catalog visit the Borrowing and Circulation page.
- Return any UH-system library material to any UH-system library location.
- Need assistance or have questions:
- Ask-a-Librarian. Choose e-mail, chat, text, twitter, phone, or apointment.
- Information desk - 713-221-8187
- Circulation desk - 713-221-8186
- TexShare Card Program
- TexShare Card Program is an initiative that allows UHD students, faculty, and staff to be issued a card they can take to other participating Texas libraries to borrow books and other materials
- Current students, faculty and staff in good standing can get a TexShare card FREE of charge from the W.I. Dykes Library. If you are unable to come to the library to pick it up, your card will be mailed to the address you indicate on your TexShare Card request form.
Ask A Librarian
Search Library FAQ's, including information to help you with research and answers to questions about the library.