Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Request Library Instruction
1st Year Experience and Instruction Librarian
How can Library Instruction help your students
UHD Librarians welcome the opportunity to partner with faculty to help teach information literacy skills to our students.
The role of our library instruction program is to help students develop the necessary skills to find, evaluate and think critically about information and to incorporate it into their own research in an ethical manner.
If your course has a research component that requires students to use external resources then we highly recommend that you contact us to schedule a library instruction session. These sessions can be in-person or virtually through Zoom. Our librarians will work with you to tailor the instruction to meet the specific needs of your class.
Library Instruction Options
Request In-Person Instruction
- Students attend instruction in our library classroom
- Provides real-time discussion and opportunities for in-person class and group activities
- Fill out the library instruction form and indicate your interest in in-person instruction using the option provided.
Request Live Instruction using Zoom
- Students can view a live demonstration of how to use library databases and other search tools.
- Provides real-time discussion where students can ask questions
- Sessions can be recorded and shared with students later.
- Fill out the library instruction form and indicate your interest in virtual instruction through Zoom using the option provided.
Request Interactive tutorials, instructional videos, research guides
- Provides flexibility for students who can view or complete instructional material in their own time and at their own pace.
- Some interactive tutorials can be embedded into Blackboard and have an integrated quiz component.
- Examples of instructional material:
- Fill out the Online Tutorial Request Form provided on our Online Teaching Guide.