Welcome to the Religion Library Guide!
This guide is a collection of links to databases, reference tools, library resources, and research tips compiled by the W.I. Dykes Library to assist University of Houston-Downtown students.
Just use the tabs above to start your research!
Find a Journal
Use the LIST OF JOURNALS when you know the name of a journal or magazine.
Article Databases for Religion
Library of Congress Call Numbers for Religion
Books classified under the subject of Religion are found on the 5th floor of the W. I. Dykes Library. General topics are organized as follows:
- Subclass BL - Religions, Mythology, Rationalism
- Subclass BM - Judaism
- Subclass BP - Islam, Bahaism, Theosophy, etc.
- Subclass BQ - Buddhism
- Subclass BR - Christianity
- Subclass BS - The Bible
- Subclass BT - Doctrinal Theology
- Subclass BV - Practical Theology
- Subclass BX - Christian Denominations
Info Literacy Coordinator Librarian
W.I Dykes Library
University of Houston Downtown