Think of the questions that you need to answer with your search. Identify the most important words or concepts from your questions. Then think of other words that mean the same thing, or are about related topics. These are your keywords.
For example, if you were researching drug testing of Olympic athletes your keywords might be:
- Olympic games
- Performance enhancing drugs
Type a keyword or set of keywords into the search boxes provided by the databases. Do not worry about capitalization. Do not include articles or prepositions.
One-stop Library Search
To browse or conduct a broad search on a topic, start with the LibSearch tool found on the library's homepage. LibSearch is a new, faster way to search and discover content in UHD Library's digital and print collections, including: journal articles, books, videos, music and more.
1. Enter search terms and
2. Refine your search using the features at the top, left of your results page
- Items with full text online.
- Scholarly or peer-reviewed publications.
- Journal articles, books, e-books, videos, and other content.