LibSearch is a new, faster way to search library collections -- a single search box for journal articles, books, videos, music and more.
A click or two takes you to the full text of articles or shows whether a book is available on the shelf.
By default, LibSearch shows results available at UHD, but you can "add results beyond your library" to find publications from 6,500 publishers.
What can I do with LibSearch?
Discover content in the UHD Library's digital and print collections, including:
- 180,000+ books
- 95,000+ electronic books
- 56,000+ journals and magazines
- 350+ newspapers
- 8,200+ documentary films and online video
- 5,500+ music recordings
- 930,000+ dissertations and theses
Limit your search results to the content or format you want:
- Limit to items with full text online.
- Limit to scholarly or peer-reviewed publications.
- Limit to journal articles, books, e-books, videos, and other content.
Save or share your search results:
- Print your saved items or send by e-mail.
- Output your saved items in APA, MLA, or Chicago-style citations.
- Create a web (RSS) feed of your search. The feed automatically updates itself to show you new library items matching your search.
Find articles, books, and other publications not available at UHD:
- Request library materials available at the University of Houston and the University of Houston-Clear Lake. These items are displayed in search results by default.
- Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to request delivery of thousands of articles and books from our national network of libraries. Results link directly to the ILL order form. Expand your search to "items not available at your library" to explore this option.